Building a European Systems biology community
The European Systems Biology Community website, a unique initiative to provide researchers and stakeholders with a spectrum of community-centred services, was launched during the 14th International Conference in Systems Biology (ICSB2013, Copenhagen, 30th August – 3rd September).
The specific objectives of this initiative are to:
- Act as a common point of interaction for everyone in Europe who considers themselves to be a systems biologist
- Allow for broader discussion, showing how increasing numbers of researchers are becoming part of systems biology approaches
- Support biologists who want to learn more about systems biology
- Create a “Who’s who?” – a database of the European landscape of researchers in systems biology
- Provide information about the resources available in Europe: both technical (i.e. modeling resources) and supporting actions such as conferences, education and training workshops
Using search options and a novel interactive network visualization tool, the user will have access to community-centred information, and will be able to contribute to building the community by providing information and by participating in the open conversations and debates.